Problem with FCP and HVR-Z1J at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 11th, 2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Tourist

Problem with FCP and HVR-Z1J

I shot some 1080i video on my HVR-Z1J (Japanese equivalent of the Z1U) and upon importing it into both FCP7 and FCPX I am getting tearing on any kind of movement of the camera. The piece was shot handheld so this is indeed a problem. I'm assuming the is a progressive scan/drop frame/deinterlace problem but don't know much about this stuff. On the monitor on the cam the stuff plays back beautifully. How do I import it into FCP (either one) and keep it looking that good? Please help as I need to get this camera back soon.
Dave Chameides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Problem with FCP and HVR-Z1J

It sounds like a codec problem - what version of FCP are you running? I am guessing the imported footage is fine, you're just not able to play it back correctly. One suggestion to test this is to download VLC Player (free here VideoLAN - VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS! ) and play some of the imported clips from your hard drive with that to see if they play normally.
Daniel Lundmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #3
Tourist

Re: Problem with FCP and HVR-Z1J

OK, that seems like a really concrete way to check it and I have VLC! Thank you. Seems to be doing this with both FCP7 and FCPX. Any other thoughts? I'll check back and let you know what I find.
Dave Chameides is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1