Monitoring audio on the FX1 ??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 24th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Monitoring audio on the FX1 ???

Im wondering what you guys' experience is, but I cant get to find a way to properly monitor audio via ear/head phones on the FX1.
Plugging a headphone straight to the audio/video output sounds horrible. I tried a stereo to mono adaptor and it was a bit better, but still bad.

Ideas?
Adrian Vallarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Adrian,

Are you using the headphone socket? Sounds like you are trying to use the audio out socket instead - or maybe I am just misreading what you are saying. The headphone socket is beneath the rubber conceal just above the power switch. Forgive me if you already have found it, I am just trying to help.

I use a set of Etymotics earplugs - recommended by DSE and they are great. Very light and very accurate - giving excellent isolation.

Hope this helps.
Old September 25th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Oh God!! 25+ years in TV, early adopter of all new technologies, a guru in may areas..... how can I be so damn stupid :) ... no really I cant belive I plugged the headphone to the line out!!! oh well, is 37 to early for Alzheimers?

BTW, thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Fullick
Adrian,

Are you using the headphone socket? Sounds like you are trying to use the audio out socket instead - or maybe I am just misreading what you are saying. The headphone socket is beneath the rubber conceal just above the power switch. Forgive me if you already have found it, I am just trying to help.

I use a set of Etymotics earplugs - recommended by DSE and they are great. Very light and very accurate - giving excellent isolation.

Hope this helps.
Adrian Vallarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 03:25 AM   #4
Major Player

Adrian,

No Problem. We all have these "seniors moments" every now and then. That is what makes this forum so good - everyone helps each other, and by and large we all benefit from it!

All the best.
Old September 25th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #5
Contributor

Hey, I had to get out the manual when I first got a DSR500 to find out where the heck they had put the headphone jack. Sony is more clever than most when it comes to hiding things like that.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1