DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Connecting Camera To TV? Which Is The Best Way? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/52572-connecting-camera-tv-best-way.html)

Jim Rog October 11th, 2005 05:14 AM

Connecting Camera To TV? Which Is The Best Way?

Hi

I know you can connect the camera to the TV via the component out, but it would be nice if you could just have 1 lead to carry the sound and picture in one. So is the only way to connect the camera to the TV via the component out? Would it be possible to get an ILink cable to HDMI? Do they even make these?

Thanks

Jim Rog October 11th, 2005 12:57 PM

Hello

What i need to find out is if there is any single lead that can do it all in one?

Steve Crisdale October 11th, 2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Rog
Hello

What i need to find out is if there is any single lead that can do it all in one?

Don't hold your breathe...

There may be some adaptor to go from IEEE-1394/i_Link to HDMI out there. Haven't seen a DVI version - but who knows what's available in Europe or the US?

And if the cost of such an adaptor is anything like the DVI<>HDMI ones I've seen - you may prefer to wait for a HD Network Media Player...

I'm waiting for the X-Box 360 for HD/HDV playback without having to plug in and out of my HDTV every time I want to view my camera footage.

Jim Rog October 12th, 2005 11:01 AM

Hi

Im sure iv seen a iLink to HDMI in one of the FX1 pictures somewhere.

James Sarte October 12th, 2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Crisdale
I'm waiting for the X-Box 360 for HD/HDV playback without having to plug in and out of my HDTV every time I want to view my camera footage.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that either, as the inclusion of HD-DVD into the Xbox has never been confirmed. Bill Gates only said that they were considering it as an option on the later releases of the X360.

Steve Crisdale October 13th, 2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Sarte
I wouldn't hold my breath on that either, as the inclusion of HD-DVD into the Xbox has never been confirmed. Bill Gates only said that they were considering it as an option on the later releases of the X360.

To be honest; I have no interest in either Blu-ray or HD-DVD. Using WMV9 of reasonably high bitrates yields an image that's not far off the original in every aspect. Many folks would find it impossible to tell what's raw m2t and what's WMV9!!

The DVD player in the X-Box 360 will play WMV9 HD from a standard DVD (dual and single layer varieties), and I can write my own HD material - without the need for even more expensive equipment updates; on my current equipment, at minimal expense per disk.

If a clear leader in High Definition digital disk technology appears from the ashes of the vanquished rival, I'll be ready to have a look at whether it's worth the expense.

Dive too soon and one could have an expensive pile of "what could have beens"... Don't dive at all, and the quality of visual entertainment HD brings may always be "just at your finger-tips, but just always out of grasp!"