Seeking the component cable for FX1 or a broken HVR-Z1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 24th, 2016, 09:57 AM   #1
Tourist

Seeking the component cable for FX1 or a broken HVR-Z1

I'm looking for the component cable that came with the FX1.

Or, I'm looking for a cheap Z1 that yields original quality video out the HDMI port, but does not need to have a working transport.
Tim Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 11:37 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Seeking the component cable for FX1 or a broken HVR-Z1

I've been able to pick up the component cables from time to time on eBay. But be careful -- they have changed the connector at the camera end, so the one that fits the FX1/Z1 is not the same as the newer version that fits the Z5 and the like. The older ones had the rectangular ones with two of the corners nipped off diagonally, while the newer ones are rounded. Confusingly, they are both called the D-connector. The only way to be sure is using the model number of the cable -- the one you want is called the VMC-30VC. It is not interchangeable with the newer VMC-30FC.

Neither the FX1 nor the Z1 had HDMI.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: doc VMC.doc (38.5 KB, 306 views)
Old October 25th, 2016, 12:07 AM   #3
Major Player

The component cable is the 'D' type shown (VMC30VC) but the audio output (along with composite video) is through a 4-pole jack. The other 'D' type cable was used on lated cameras. A cable like this is needed:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Video.../dp/B007ZAM64G

Beware as there are two configurations of this type of cable, - make sure that it is specified as suitable for the sony camcorders.
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 10:31 AM   #4
Inner Circle

So the link shows that the cable is A) Composite, not Component, and B) unavailable.

But yes, the manual does note that the audio is output through the AV jack, so you need that cable as well. I guess that's why the Composite version is linked. You need both. There is a shorter version of the 30VC called the 15VC.

Component: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-V...PD9CTY43JMH870

or

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-VMC-30VC...&keywords=30vc
Old October 25th, 2016, 11:55 AM   #5
Wrangler

When I still had both, I recall that the HVR-Z1U component cable also fit my PMW-EX1. Thanks for posting that link Adam, I was recently wondering if anyone made a replacement in the event that my cable broke or got lost.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Yeah, the prices have gone insane ($136.00?). I bought a few extra when I got my Z5s, for the same reason you did, but have not had the need for them as yet. Still, it's nice to have spares of everything. Even if the original doesn't malfunction, I know that when it comes time to sell, I will end up losing at least one, and it's a great help to be able to include all the peripherals.

I'm not sure I even own anything that takes component but not HDMI. And you can get good inexpensive HDMI cables anywhere.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1