how to capture HDV to PC from FX1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old December 8th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

how to capture HDV to PC from FX1?

I'm new to HDV. What software do i need to capture HDV to PC using firewire? Please list all useful software for HDV editing also the best softwares to convert HDV to SD. from freeware to expensive softwares
Juan Dela Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #2
New Boot

I've found Premiere Pro with the Cineform AspectHD plugin, works great. It takes the native HDV mpeg-2TS format and converts it to a 4:2:2 AVI, which, on my Dell M70 laptop, is a format which can easily be edited in real-time, and is much better for mutigenerational work...color correction, compositing, etc...
Isaac Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #3
Sponsor: VASST

If you are using Vegas as your NLE it will capture HDV natively. No need for an external program. CineForm does makes Connect HD for Vegas which gives you other benefits like capturing straight to an intermediary AVI file and 24p/mini 35 support. If you use Vegas and want to edit with proxies, you can get VASST Gearshift which will manage the swapping of your proxies in and out from either the native M2T files or AVI intermediaries. It also converts from M2T to intermediaries using either the Cineform codec that ships with Vegas or the Sony YUV codec.

~jr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1