|January 27th, 2006, 03:00 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
My Variation of Shannon's Z1U HD Field Monitor
Inspired by Shannon Rawls, I begun my quest to put together an HD field monitor which I could attach to a c-stand. Here are my results which I am completely content with.
1. Dell W1900: $488, eBay special.
2. Avenger C-stand: $90, Craigslist.org.
3. Wall Plate with 3" Baby Swivel Pin: $27.95, B&H.
4. Bogen / Manfrotto Female Converter Socket - 5/8" to 5/8": $14.95, B&H.
5. Machine Screws/Wingnuts: $0.95, local Ace Hardware.
6. Skateboard truck spacer: Free, laying around the house.
How I did it:
My first challenge was to attach the baby plate to the c-stand. This was easily achieved by purchasing the F/F 5/8" socket converter. Next, I drilled holes in the baby plate to match the screw-hole pattern on the Dell wall mount plate. Once this was done I found I was unable to fit the mounted plate onto the monitor. After digging around my garage I returned with some bike and skateboard parts. An old pair of skateboard 1" truck spacers (for when I rode with 70mm wheels) did the trick.
Here's a pretty image: http://www.feelthisfilms.com/can_sho...hd_monitor.jpg
Yes, it's very sexy.
Here's Shannon's thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=42494
Shannon is my hero. Huzzah!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|