Z1 X HVX / DVX dynamic range / burn out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 4th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Z1 X HVX / DVX dynamic range / burn out

Hello
I wonder if and how much better the HVX200 / DVX100a dynamic range and resistence to burn out the whites are comparing to Sony Z1.
Thank you
Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #2
Major Player

In my limited experience with the DVX100, it seemed to have much more dynamic ranges in the whites as well as blacks, but only if set to the proper settings. I think the best part about these cameras is their image control options -something which is really lacking by comparrison on the Z1U and more so the FX1, which is my camera. If I could build a camera, it would do everything the HVX200/DVX100 can do in terms of control, but include HDV since it's much cheaper and easier than any real HD solution and still looks very very nice.

For now, I use Natress in post for getting nice color and tone results, but it would be best to have more control in-camera.

- Chad Terpstra
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you Chad
Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1