premier 1.5 doesn't recognize hvr-z1u at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 6th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #1
New Boot

premier 1.5 doesn't recognize hvr-z1u

bought hvr-z1u
trying to capture film from z1u to computer
recieved message that i need software or cd which comes with camera but i don't have it
what to do?
Leon Bruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Recognition by Software

1st, we don't know what your OS platform is. But if it is PC, XP needs to be upgraded to service pack 2.

2nd, when you connect via firewire, the computer should automatically load driver for z1, Fx1.

3rd. You don't say what program you are using to capture in. If it Premiere Pro, you need to select HDV project setting at start up. If you are using Vegas, you need to select the DVD internal selection

4th once you have done that, and if you are still not being recognized, it is possible your Z1 is set to downconvert from the HDV capture, to DV. You can tell that if the light near the 1394 port is lit. You will need to go into your menu to change it to HDV output, if that is the case.

Other than that, we need more information to help...

Incidentally, I don't think I got any software with my FX1.
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #3
New Boot

problem with connect i link

thank u for your answer
it's pc windows xp
but how can i get service 2 pack for xp
i'm trying to capture dv cam tape recorded on z1u to computer the lamp(on camcorder) is on dv
i use premier pro 1.5
i use it with my old camera trv-10 and it's fine
but when connect z1u its asking me to install a software which comes with hardware (don't understand a driver for z1u) but i don't have cd

leon
Leon Bruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Service Pack two

Service pack two is an upgrade to your XP software available in the Microsoft upgrade section. I only know that when other people on line have had problems with their Z1 or FX1 being recognized, the recommendation is to upgrade to service pack 2. I presume it has drivers specific to the these cameras.

As I said, I don't believe I got a driver disk with my FX1. If there is supposed to be one, you can go to Sony support, and obtain a download version of the Disk.
Old February 7th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #5
Trustee

You need to upgrade to Premiere Pro 1.5.1 on the Adobe site if you want to edit HDV, but for DV Cam you should just be able to set the capture to a Sony Standard.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1