Ever wonder what's "under the hood"? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #16
Major Player

reminds me of when i was young and used to take antyhing i had apart :tvs, video game systems, cd players. it always seemed like i had parts left over at the end.. but they always worked
Old February 25th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Kinda scary when it's something like a carburetor though. I did that a couple times as a teenager (worked fine also, amazingly).
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #18
Major Player

Wow

Remarkable. Makes you appreciate the camera even more.
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #19
Major Player

HAHAHAHA......

I decided to look at the pictures again, and realised that by Image 49, he decides to take the Lens Hood off once the entire lens frame was removed from the camera.
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #20
Major Player

As mentioned before, the guy who posted this has a camcorder repair service and lives in IJmuiden, a coastal town in Holland. He replaced the screwed up chips in my PD150 last month- he is a very knowledgeable techie and at 150 euro for replacing the 3CCD he is not too greedy either. (but don't complain if everything takes a week/2 weeks longer then agreed upon... I mean, he does like to strip your machine completely ;)
This former Sony guy loves Sony machines, chameleons, dogs and cats, all of which crowd the small shop. (in addition to his wife)

If you ever need your camcorder serviced in the Netherlands- check him out!
Jeroen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #21
T.J. McCormick

Just had mine looked over

over 220 hours on my camera, finally had the tape drive poop out on me, and had it repaired. when i saw these pics, i realized my guys (Canon Camcorder Repair | Sony Camcorder Repair) earned their money! I'm not a widget guy, but i've unscrewed many cases, with about 70% reanimation rate. i decided the second i saw the pics that i would never try to look under the hood of my z1u. thanks to who posted the link to the netherlands repair guy!
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #22
Regular Crew

This guy repaired my Sony FX 1 too. Replaced the whole tape mechanism for about 225 euro's!

Maybe i'll buy my next cam second hand anyway! The 1500 or 2500 euro's I save (EX1 for example) can be reserved for repairs. For about 2000 euro's, I can get my cam repaired at least about five times!

And that's only IF the cam fails five times in the first two years. And only IF it fails more than five times in the first two years I would have been better off buying new from sony with 2 year warranty :)
Bram Corstjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:38 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Pepingco View Post
Oh my freaking god!

What was this german guy thinking?
This guy is not only just a repairman, it's THE repairman specilized in Sony camera's.
He has been head of repair for Sony Europe for many years.
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Re: Ever wonder what's "under the hood"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
Do not try this at home!

SONY HDR-FX1 Camcorder Service
I like it. It appeals to my sense of tinkering.
John
John Mahoney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1