DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Need help with connecting fx1 to PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/60669-need-help-connecting-fx1-pc.html)

Greg Rivard February 14th, 2006 11:38 AM

Need help with connecting fx1 to PC

My 2 PCs with Windows XP SP2 are not recognizing my Sony FX1 camcorder , I plugged in with 1394 cable firewire port. It's not a cable problem because I can connect 2 PCs together with the cable through firewire ports.

I read on other formus many people have similar problem after installing windows service pack 2, I found intructions to replace the drivers with sp1 versions and it supposed to fix the problem but it didn't work for me. So I think maybe my camcorder has something wrong with the i.link port, is there any other device I can connect to my camcorder, other then PC to see if my i.link port on the camcorder is working ?

I could probably test it by connecting fx1 to second fx1, but I don't have a second camcorder to do this. What can I do ?

Robert M Wright February 14th, 2006 01:05 PM

Do you have a DVD recorder that has firewire input? (A number of DVD recorders will let you control and record from a DV camcorder.) That should work with the camcorder in DV mode.

Greg Rivard February 14th, 2006 03:33 PM

What settings should I use in the camcorder when connecting to DVD recorder ?
i.link convert ? off or on ?

Steven Gotz February 14th, 2006 04:28 PM

My giess is that if you can capture converted DV out of the FX1, that the cable and port is fine. Then change back to HDV without conversion and try that with SP2. It should show up in the capture window that way.

Greg Rivard February 14th, 2006 05:20 PM

I got ilo DVD recorder DVDR05 , I connected the camcorder but it doesn't show anything, everytime I turn the camcorder off there is some small square at the top right corner shows up for 2 seconds, so something must communicate to the DVD recorder. Maybe it's not fully communicationg or the cheap ILO DVD recorder is just not compatible with FX1 camcorder. So still I don't know if i.link port is bad or what.
Anyone in Chicago can help me test my camcorder with their pc ? I don't know any other way to test it to be sure what is wrong.
Thanks

Robert M Wright February 15th, 2006 12:55 PM

I don't have a FX1 or Z1 yet, but I have an HD10U. To make a DV firewire connection using the HD10U, it has to be in DV mode (not in HDV mode). Until I have a FX1 or Z1, I can't really offer much more help than that.

Greg Rivard February 17th, 2006 11:52 AM

ok, I solved the problem, ilink port in the camcorder had a bent pin that prevented from fully connecting.

Leo Pepingco February 24th, 2006 06:15 AM

Thats funny.... The cable connected the coputers together fine you said.... I better check if you are missing any files if you exchanged anything through that wire... lol.

Roman Oulko September 8th, 2006 07:36 PM

Hello Guys I have same problem as you do my camera doesn't work with my PC. When i plugin nothing happens I have SP2, p4 500 gb hard drive , 4 gb memory and two fireware holes none of them worked. I have two softwares Ulead and Vegas. Please help.

Mark Utley September 9th, 2006 12:11 AM

I've been having the same troubles for the first time over the past couple days. It happens sometimes after I capture a clip and go to capture another. After trying everything, the only thing that has got the camera and computer to talk again is rebooting the computer.

I've only been having this problem since I accidentally changed the Windows AutoPlay settings, so I just have to figure out how to get them back to normal.

Roman Oulko September 10th, 2006 02:27 AM

I tried rebooting computer couple times it doesn't work

Roman Oulko September 13th, 2006 10:18 PM

Hello guys finally after couple days of trials I finally have my camera connected to my PC. Now problem is that when i try to capture in Vegas my camera starts to play on camera only. there is no playing on screen (in vegas) on my pc. can anyone help?i tried changing setting it did not helped Same thing happens in Adobe Premiere. is it maybe because i have PAL system?

Chris Barcellos September 13th, 2006 11:11 PM

Question is, are you capturing. In Premiere Pro, you won't have screen during HDV capture. Guessing that is same in Vegas. I think the system will preserve resources for the capture, as conversion of the hdv stream is processor intensive, and you can monitor capture on your camera lcd.

HDVSplit will show capture preview, but if you turn it on, you will sometimes have problems, and the capture will abort.

Roman Oulko September 13th, 2006 11:59 PM

But then why when i 'm done with capturing and saved a file. it shows 0 kb.

Douglas Spotted Eagle September 14th, 2006 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Question is, are you capturing. In Premiere Pro, you won't have screen during HDV capture. Guessing that is same in Vegas. I think the system will preserve resources for the capture, as conversion of the hdv stream is processor intensive, and you can monitor capture on your camera lcd.

HDVSplit will show capture preview, but if you turn it on, you will sometimes have problems, and the capture will abort.

Chris, You should have capture preview in Vegas 6 and 7 for HDV.