Zoom / Focus ring problem or is it me ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 15th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Zoom / Focus ring problem or is it me ?

Hi all I am having a problem with my Z1U and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered it, or if it is something I am doing wrong.

The zoom ring and levers focus instead of zooming, I have to reset the camera to correct this, and then in a few hours it happens again.

Is it operator problem, is it a known issue, or is my camera faulty ?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Chris
Chris Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #2
Trustee

That's a neat trick, but it sounds like a problem. Do you have any LANC accessories attached that might be transmitting codes that could be interpreted by the camera as reprogramming instructions? I know, that is grasping at straws, but it is all I can imagine that could cause something like that without the camera simply malfunctioning.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #3
Wrangler

In other words, if you turn the zoom ring or press the rocker switch, the focal length doesn't change but the image goes out of focus? Or does it zoom AND go out of focus?

If you don't have any zoom action when you turn the ring or press the rocker switch then there's definitely something wrong with the camera.... never saw that happen on my Z1.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 05:18 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Perhaps an exorcist should be called?
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1