z1 capture question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 13th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Tourist

z1 capture question

Hey all,

I was just reading an older dead thread by nicholas barteez in which he talks about shooting on the z1 and capturing to DVCPROHD in final cut pro. The thread was dead so I thought Id seek clarification from everyone else.

Is it possible to shoot HDV to tape and capture via a kona card to DVCPROHD or was nicholas capturing live from the camera? This is what I couldn't get clear.

TIA.

Richard Sutcliffe
Richard Sutcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It is possible to shoot HDV and capture as DVCProHD by using the analogue component outputs, but IMHO you will only loose quality that way. Capturing native HDV and converting it to DVCProHD will give you better quality.

Nicholas was capturing live data straight to DVCProHD which makes sense if you can do it.
Old March 20th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Somehow I remember reading about this a while ago.

The point was, shoot HDV and capture via component to DVCPROHD, the reason was because it behaves much better during color correction than HDV.

I also remember viewing a clip online which compared the same clip both in HDV and DVCPROHD and the difference looked impressive
Tomas Chinchilla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1