Little Britain Live at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 29th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Tourist

Little Britain Live

I was in Bristol earlier this evening, watching Little Britain Live, and they happened to be filming it for the DVD. At the back of the room was a very large, broadcast-looking camera, which I believe was Panasonic, but I couldn't make out the logo exactly as I didn't have my glasses on at the time.

However, what might be of particular interest is that the close-up shots were done from the sides of the theatre with tripod-mounted HVR-Z1Us. I've seen the equipment used for filming in theatres plenty of times (usually for stand-up comedy), but this is the first time I've seen actual camcorders, rather than the big, bulky-looking studio cameras.

I haven't really a point to this post, but I thought it might be of interest to some people in this forum.

By the way, the show was fantastic. They've been sold out for a while, but when the DVD comes out, I'd reccomend it to any fan of the series - far better than some of the stuff in the recent episodes, I thought.
Aaron Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #2
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Hopkins
. .. I'd reccomend it to any fan of the series - far better than some of the stuff in the recent episodes, I thought.
Good! Yes I am a fan and yes, this last lot WAS pants! "Don't want that one!" - "Yes But No But . .Yes But No But . . . "

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #3
Trustee

Z1 - Yeah, but no, but, awright, but, no, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Hopkins
this is the first time I've seen actual camcorders, rather than the big, bulky-looking studio cameras.
Of course they were there. Auntie is ditching the DSR-500s like a girlfriend with the clap. Researchers can't operate them.

What is it? Over 150 Z1s to replace DSR500s? Maybe PD-150s?

Auntie has settled on the message that "The Z1 is a great SD camera" and seems to be unofficially sanctioning DoPs to shoot Z1 as HDV with Black Stretch and anything else to make the final SD output look great.

OTOH, I have to say that this approach works really well!

M.
Matt Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1