DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   FX1 from Apple looks pretty amazing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/64050-fx1-apple-looks-pretty-amazing.html)

Robert M Wright March 31st, 2006 07:14 AM

FX1 from Apple looks pretty amazing

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...D?find=hdr-fx1

Leo Pepingco March 31st, 2006 07:24 AM

Yes.... Its an FX1.

Joking aside, even from someone not from the States, Its a great deal.... Thats about 3.9 grand AUD and I paid 4.8 grand here in Oz.

Robert M Wright March 31st, 2006 07:31 AM

I know of four people that just ordered within past last hour. At that price, they'll sell out awfully fast.

Douglas Villalba March 31st, 2006 07:34 AM

That has to be a typing error!!!

Tim Painter March 31st, 2006 07:53 AM

I just bought one myself -- I hope it comes through.

David Mintzer March 31st, 2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Painter
I just bought one myself -- I hope it comes through.

This is almost as big a faux pas as the time that Dell sold me a Canon L series lens for 600 dollars under the street price---I wonder if Apple will honor all orders the way Dell did.

Drew Buchanan March 31st, 2006 09:28 AM

Funny no one else seems to have that price (or anything close). I do wonder, with new cameras coming next month, could this mean something? As stated above, this would clear a lot of stock quickly. I wonder if Sony has something in the works?

Tim Painter March 31st, 2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Mintzer
This is almost as big a faux pas as the time that Dell sold me a Canon L series lens for 600 dollars under the street price---I wonder if Apple will honor all orders the way Dell did.

In reading the forums at Fatwallet and Slickdeals, there are a number of people claiming to have bought 10 and even 60 of them to flip on eBay. I guess we'll find out in the next couple of days. Hopefully it is not a bad aprils fools joke.

David Mintzer March 31st, 2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Painter
In reading the forums at Fatwallet and Slickdeals, there are a number of people claiming to have bought 10 and even 60 of them to flip on eBay. I guess we'll find out in the next couple of days. Hopefully it is not a bad aprils fools joke.

I don't think they are introducing any new HDV cameras at NAB---fact is, I have heard nothing that would make one think so-- B&H sells the thing for 3000 bucks-----Good luck to all!

Jon Elam March 31st, 2006 09:50 AM

Better price for Federal or Education purchases

The price is about $90 cheaper if you use the links for Apple's educational or Gov purchases. I know that a lot of college's have direct purchase links through a school website that may also provide similar discounts.

Robert M Wright March 31st, 2006 09:56 AM

I just confirmed with Apple, on the phone, that the price is indeed legit (NOT a typo).

David Mintzer March 31st, 2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Elam
The price is about $90 cheaper if you use the links for Apple's educational or Gov purchases. I know that a lot of college's have direct purchase links through a school website that may also provide similar discounts.

Thats interesting. I didn't think that Apple offerred government or school discounts on hardware they dont make.

Tom Bolia March 31st, 2006 10:39 AM

Is this the best of the smaller hi-def cameras or something?

David Mintzer March 31st, 2006 11:18 AM

Its the same as their higher end camera (Z1U) accept for a few settings and lack of XLR inputs. You can go buy the Beachtek and you pretty much have the same camera that lists for 4900 at B&H.

Tim Painter March 31st, 2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Mintzer
Thats interesting. I didn't think that Apple offerred government or school discounts on hardware they dont make.

My employer has a discount program with them -- ended up costing me 1,916. before tax.