NAB and the Z1u.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 11th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #16
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
I think it's more accurate to say that Sony simply decided not to go down the 720 road.
I think what the poster meant is that when the FX1/Z1 was introduced, the Sony site had a PR that slammed 720p. However, that went missing because I think it broke the "non-agression" pact between JVC and Sony.

My experience has been they have defined their own markets for HDV. This will become even more clear at NAB. Each market builds on their installed base. Sony's may be 5X-10X larger, but that does not preclude JVC from making a good PROFIT. And, for both Sony and JVC -- PROFIT is they key. (Only Panasonic is profitable now.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1