Flash Shoe on Z1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old July 6th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Flash Shoe on Z1

Hey Guys, quick question. i noticed that i cant connect my camera light to my Z1 as there is no flash shoe, there is only a screw on thing? is this normal? how do i attach my light?? anyone have similar problem. Cheers.
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #2
Wrangler

I'm not sure exactlly what you need since I don't use a camera-mounted light. But my Z1 came with a little adaptor which appeared to be a shoe mount that screws into the threaded hole on top of the microphone. Of course I have no idea where mine went, but it's around here somewhere ;-) You should have one also if you bought the camera new.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 06:05 AM   #3
Inner Circle

What Boyd said, there should be an odd looking thingy that you screw onto that front adaptor. I personally think it's one of the stupidest design parts of the camera, why in the world would you put that thing so far out on the nose?

But what do I know, I'm not as smart as Sony.
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I like where it is....out of the way of the rest of the controls.
Ray Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:57 AM   #5
Major Player

I might be misinterpreting the original post but the Z1 has a cold shoe adapter, meaning it won't supply power to your light. Either way, it might be handy to know.
Old July 25th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #6
Major Player

Boyd is correct, Dennis needs to attach his cold shoe adaptor 'thingy'. Screws into the thread ontop of the cameras microphone.

It was designed how it is so you could attach a camera light with a large battery (970) and still be able to open your lcd up from its closed position.
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1