Z1 or FX1 for Rent near Murphysboro, IL ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old July 10th, 2006, 07:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Z1 or FX1 for Rent near Murphysboro, IL ?

Hello :)

I am making a documentation here in Germany and need certain footage from Murphysboro, IL.

Fortunately I have a friend there, that could do that for me.
BUT: I am Shooting HDV in PAL here.
So he needs the Camera. I am not quite shure if the FX1 as the Z1 can be reebooted in PAL.
If so, it could also be a FX1, than I am looking for to rent.

So could someone help me with that. Where can I rent ?

Thanks for any help!

Greetings

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Peter! My Grandmother used to live in that part of Illinois, but since she passed away several years ago (at the age of 97!) I never get down there anymore. The closest large city is probably St. Louis, Missouri (my own hometown, but again since my folks have also passed away it's off my beaten path as well).

I know that one of our DVinfo "wranglers" lives in another small town in Southern Illinois. Let's see if he has any suggestions - I've pointed this thread out to him.

BTW, if you want to shoot PAL (50i) here in the US you will want a Z1 and not an FX1. There are separate versions for the NTSC and PAL FX1, but the Z1 can do both.

Good luck with your project!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Boyd :)

sounds good. Thanks so far.

If there would be a fx1 shooting NTSC, it would probably be ok, as I then could boot my Z1 in NTSC capture and then convert it to PAL.

Which only means converting timing (or live with that slowmotion look - could be nice), but not resolution. That would not be too bad, I guess.

Anyway ... thanks again.

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

I live about 45 minutes from Murphysboro. However, I don't have an HDV camera. As for renting, I agree with Boyd that the closest rental location would probably be St. Louis which is 2 to 2.5 hours from Murphysboro. One of my friends works for the local PBS station about 6 miles from Murphysboro but I don't know if they have any HDV equipment. I'll ask him if they do or if he knows anyone that does. Not sure they'd rent but they might be willing to shoot what you're looking for.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

My friend also knows noone in this area with an HDV camera and also suggested St. Louis as a possible rental location.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1