Pax and me at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 1st, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Major Player

Pax and me

Last week, in Bellevue, WA, a game convention was held and I attended it with my trusty FX-1 in tow.

I had my camera on a tripod setup nicely in front of a kid playing a dancing game and then this big news camera gets in my shot.

The KOMO news camera guy with his sholder mounted camera didn't think nothing about getting in the way of my shot.

Luckly for him, I was done with the shot, he took the same shots of the kid's dancing feet, closeup of his face, etc...Afterwards, he looks at me and gives me an apologethic smile.

Man, I saw a lot of cameras out there on Saturday. The new Canon XL HDV cameras, the Panasonics, large broadcast cameras, and lot's of game enthusiasts. Not bad. I was drooling over all the cameras more than I was anything else. You had the full setup of LED lights on cameras, expensive mike kits, it was PRESS heavy.
John Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You shouldnt let PAX get up in your shot. I dunno about you but I always regret that stuff! I've had to bark at a couple photo enthuisists and probably burned some bridges that way, but thats only when Im shooting and they decide to walk in the shot after I have staked my spot.
Mack Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I don't think it had anything to do with camera size, news guys get in front of each other, it's just part of the game they play.
Michael Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 09:55 PM   #4
Major Player

Pax stands for Penny-Arcade Exchange.

The three day event ran from Friday-Sunday. On Friday and Saturday, they closed down at 2am.

I wasn't offended too much, the guy was on a time line, I'm sure he had to get his tapes edited for the news sooner than me.

I on the other hand, just does it for fun, to learn, and volunteering for a small tv channel has helped me focus a little bit better.
John Kang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1