This Film Is Not Yet Rated includes Z1U footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 17th, 2006, 01:51 PM   #1
New Boot

This Film Is Not Yet Rated includes Z1U footage

For those seeking instances of HDV on the big screen, the new feature documentary This Film Is Not Yet Rated (about the workings of the MPAA) incorporates footage shot with the Z1U:

http://www.uemedia.net/CPC/editorsne...er_14861.shtml

..and unless I'm mistaken (which is entirely possible) this production still seems to show the camera in action:

http://www.ica.org.uk/?lid=9843

Anyone caught this film yet?

Thom
Thom Seaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Damn, If I knew that I would have made it a priority when the NZ International Film Fest was in Auckland (like 2-3months ago). If anyone has seen it on the silverscreen, let us know how our lovely Z1 went!
Old September 18th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #3
Contributor

We played it last night at the Kansas International Film Festival ( http://www.kansasfilm.com ) and we had a sellout crowd and had to turn people away. It's an excellent documentary. As far as visual quality, it appeared to have been shot with a variety of cameras. Some interviews were nicely lighted, some weren't. We played it in one of the small theaters, about a 20 foot screen. It looked as good as anything else that came in on video.

We shot our TV spots this year with a Z1, and they looked very good. The only thing that gave away the fact that a 1/3" chip camera was involved were the wide shots that got just a bit soft. Not nearly as soft, however, as they get from any 1/3" chip SD camera. I didn't make a side-by-side comparison with previous years' spots that were shot with a DSR500, but I think I can safely say they look almost as good and most people wouldn't know the difference. And that's a strong statement because the 500 is a $25,000 package.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1