Which bag for FX1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 5th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Which bag for FX1?

Im on a bit of a tight budget but much require a bag for my camera. I've seen the

Kata CC-193 HDV

and the

Sony Soft Camcorder case

both around the £100 mark which, are there any camera bags in the style of a rucksack? i find it much easier carrying something on my back than over a shoulder hope someone can help...
Stick Tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Stick

Check out the Petrol Bags...
I've a shoulder version for my Z1 'Dai awn', but they've just brought out some backpacks... good quality and in the same price bracket as the Kata's.

Regards

Gareth
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks very much Gareth... they look great but i may try and purchase a cheaper rucksack for camping etc. and carve some foam - £100 for a bag is a lot although i suppose i would know my camera is going to be dry and secure hmmm
Stick Tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #4
Major Player

double post
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Stick

Yes the bags are dear, but you get what you pay for... and these are well made...a good bag will last you years...
I've a Domke for my stills gear I paid £80 for in 1983 and a Billingham from the same era that cost arpound £100... both are still perfectly servicable...

Cheap bags are like anything else cheap in photography pretty much a waste of money...

Depends also which camera you have... a small camera can fit in a smaller and cheaper bag...

Cheers
Gareth
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #6
Wrangler

See our "sticky" about FX1/Z1 bags and cases here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=39573
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Tully
Im on a bit of a tight budget but much require a bag for my camera. I've seen the

Kata CC-193 HDV
I have the cc-193 and I must say it doesn't impress me. It will hold a bunch of stuff, but it's bulky and it doesn't seal up very well - definitely wouldn't want to take it out in the rain. I use it to store random stuff, and I use my Tamrac bag for the camera and essential accessories - see my comments in the link above.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1