FX7 & FX1 Cinegamma at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 15th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #1
Major Player

FX7 & FX1 Cinegamma

Hi guys,

Do these cameras have a function to change the gamma settings at all? I have never really liked the coldness and harshness of video so when the first cameras started rolling out with cinegamma features i loved it. I have an old Panasonic MX500 and I am considering buying something HD and like the FX1 but love the fact that the fx7 has larger zoom and is a smaller size.

Cheers

Justin
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:22 AM   #2
Trustee

the v1 will, not sure about the fx7. Dont think the fx1 does
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm with Phil regarding the FX7 - I haven't seen or heard anything about it having any gamma settings.

The FX1 does have CineGamma, and the Z1U has the same with an additional CineGamma setting. It doesn't have the in depth settings as the Z1U or the V1U, but you can get really good looking video from customizing from the Picture Profile menu (CineGamma, Color Level, Color Phase, etc.). Of course, even if you dont get the exact look you're wanting from the camera, you can always get pretty close and tweak a little more in post.
John M. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Trustee

it's called cinematone in the picture profile settings. There is no actual indpendent gamma control, although I am sure I read somewhere that the V1 will do.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1