DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Rendered movie looks interlaced when there’s camera movement – help needed! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/81613-rendered-movie-looks-interlaced-when-there-s-camera-movement-help-needed.html)

Andrew Goodman December 12th, 2006 03:44 PM

Rendered movie looks interlaced when there’s camera movement – help needed!

Hi guys,

I have a FX1 and shot a wedding in SD, captured it in Premiere Pro 1.5 and rendered it out using the Adobe Media Encoder as the setting of PAL DV 4x3 High Quality 7MB CBR 1 Pass (although not sure if that’s is right) it looks fine on my two TVs & DVD players but not on the clients one? They say its grand when the camera is still but when it moves it looks all liney… interlaced I think.

I think the problem lies with the Adobe Media Encoder setting, could anyone pleases help me?

Thanks.

Joe Lawry December 12th, 2006 05:16 PM

What sort of tv did your client view it on?

Andrew Goodman December 12th, 2006 07:10 PM

i am not sure, i will find out... would that make a differance? i mean do all tvs not display dvds the same? apart form pal & ntsc etc

Joe Lawry December 12th, 2006 07:28 PM

interlaced footage on lcd tvs usually doesnt mix. LCDs only really display progressive footage well from what i understand, i may however be incorrect.

Vito DeFilippo December 12th, 2006 09:08 PM

From what they describe, I would think you have made the common mistake of wrong field order in the encoding. Check your settings in the encoder to make sure you have chosen 'lower' field first. (although PAL is upper field first, both PAL and NTSC DV are lower field first). I don't use that encoder, so I don't know where in the interface you will see this option, but it should be in there somewhere.

When field order is wrong, the fields separate (because they have been reversed chronologically) which is more evident when there is motion in the frame.

Anyway, just choose lower field and re-encode. Hope that fixes it up for you.

Andrew Goodman December 13th, 2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo
From what they describe, I would think you have made the common mistake of wrong field order in the encoding. Check your settings in the encoder to make sure you have chosen 'lower' field first.

you got it in one!... a mistake on my behalf, i thought it had to be something about the way i rendered it although just found it wired that it worked on some tvs but not on others. i did a test render and when i compared the two you could see the differance on the computer... so i have just started a new 9 hour render of it again.

their tv could be an lcd so that would maybe explain it, thanks again guys for the help!

Vito DeFilippo December 13th, 2006 06:59 AM

Glad it worked out....

Carlos E. Martinez December 13th, 2006 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Goodman
so i have just started a new 9 hour render of it again.

What do you render it with? In Premiere itself?

I am an Avid man, and I have had different experiences for the conversion, with different programs and different XP installations.

Carlos

Andrew Goodman December 13th, 2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez
What do you render it with? In Premiere itself?

I am an Avid man, and I have had different experiences for the conversion, with different programs and different XP installations.

Carlos

yeah just in premiere using the Adobe Media Encoder, works great... only it takes an age and a day!

Carlos E. Martinez December 13th, 2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Goodman
yeah just in premiere using the Adobe Media Encoder, works great... only it takes an age and a day!

Can't you export to Sorenson Squeeze? Perhaps you can get shorter times.

Andrew Goodman December 14th, 2006 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez
Can't you export to Sorenson Squeeze? Perhaps you can get shorter times.

i do have it but to be honest i have hardly looked at it... would the final render be as good as Adobe Media Encoder?

or (maybe this should be a different post) is there any other ways to quickin render times?... even hardware wise?

Andrew Goodman December 14th, 2006 03:44 AM

oops... this was a double post, now deleted