Sony FX1 or Sony FX7? Best image quality? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 12th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #31
Regular Crew

fx7

Got the fx-7 will be shoting 2 jobs this weekend will keep you posted ,i saw the v1u at Armatos looks identical (without the extras)
i tried some testing ,if you own a sony cam looks like the 2100 in shape litle lighter , the viuwfinder is very good sharp image indor and outdor the colors are vivid the zoom very smoth ,the low light not bad with 20w sony light i shoot some stuff on dv did some editing on matrox rtx100 ,play the DVD on my 16:9
60inch hi def screen tv and looked very good , i shot some 1080i format but i can't edit yet so i conected direct to the tv via hdmi and look very nice in hi def,
the real test is low light condition at the job on saturday...
Ruben Senderey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben Senderey
Got the fx-7 will be shoting 2 jobs this weekend will keep you posted

the real test is low light condition at the job on saturday...
Hi Ruben,
thanks for your interesting reply. I will wait for your next test.
Adriano Moroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Fx7

Shot my first job on the fx7........not to good under low light conditions in a wide angle shots especialy , but great if you are close to subject amazing details (looked to me like the old IKAGAMI colours)
in general i had a hard time the all night with setting in low light and i mean the room was dark , the camera feels really good the 20x zoom is great , but at this time i will go back to my pd-170 until the low light issue get's better,
i'ts a shame.....
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Hi Ruben,
How bad is it compared to FX1?
When you mention "not too good" does that mean even you have increased to 18db its still not bright enough or its very noisy?

Thanks!
YS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben Senderey
Shot my first job on the fx7........not to good under low light conditions in a wide angle shots especialy , but great if you are close to subject amazing details (looked to me like the old IKAGAMI colours)
in general i had a hard time the all night with setting in low light and i mean the room was dark , the camera feels really good the 20x zoom is great , but at this time i will go back to my pd-170 until the low light issue get's better,
i'ts a shame.....
Yow Siang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #35
Regular Crew

fx7

Correct the 18db is not anough for the wide shoots lot's of noise on the blacks and anything dark, (never had the fx-1 )
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #36
Major Player

Hi, I'd like to purchase the Sony FX7 but I have just known this report about FX7:

We have had to have several of the lenses replaced due to ingress of
dust (it is not practical to strip and clean them). Now admittedly several
of our clients have been using them in very dusty environments (typically on shooting house rebuilding projects for life-style type broadcast shows) but we never had any similar problems with the PD-150/170. Sony initially
claimed the lens seal(s) had been damaged due to mishandling (i.e. dropping the camera) but they are now admitting that the lenses are not sealed against dust entry anyways.

Does anybody have similar problems with Sony FX7?
thanks
Adriano Moroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM   #37

Adriano,
This simply is not true. The lenses are sealed against dust. What you have read is a rumor or statement by someone, but it's not from Sony. All cameras can be gotten into by dust or water if the exposure is heavy enough. This is why there are dust jackets and raincoats for cameras.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1