FX1 and Mic Line In at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 16th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #1
New Boot

FX1 and Mic Line In

I recently purchased my first shotgun mic for my FX1, a Rode Videomic.
Unfortunately there appears to be an issue with the audio coming in through the mic/line in plug. For some reason there is barely any audio coming into the camera. When I have the audio levels set to auto, it is as if the mic is not pickup up any noise. If I set the audio levels on the camera to manual and increase it to 10 (the max), then I begin to hear things if I speak very loudly. This seemed really odd for a mic that most people refer to being very sesitive.
I decided to check to make sure the mic was working by attatching it to my old TRV900. The video mic worked and sounded amazing on that camera.

Therefore, I believe that something is wrong with my FX1. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? Or better...how I might be able to fix it?
Thanks so much!
Doug Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #2
Inner Circle

On pp 56-57 of the US manual it talks about how to select MIC or LINE for the input.

Apologies if you've done this already...
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Yes. Make sure mic in is selected in the Audio set menu.

Also make sure you are pluged into mic/linein, not audio/video plug...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1