My FX1 with Z1 Mic Holder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 18th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

My FX1 with Z1 Mic Holder

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...rst_widget.pbw

I have successfully mounted the Z1U Mic holder onto my FX1. Initially I have some problem as I needed the spacer (Sony do not sell the full assembly) which is the piece between the LCD panel and Mic holder. I manage to find a local workshop to custom made a spacer with 4 screws. Now it is all done and I have my mic holder installed excatly like the Z1U. The spacer is black in colour like the holder making it looks like 1 complete assembly. The spacer is made of a material called 'Black Derlin' which is quite close to the holder material. Derlin is light in weight but very strong.

Due to the workshop only agrees to produce 10 pieces at every run, I have 9 more pieces with me. I know some of you are looking for the spacer so I am ready to let go the rest. Anyone looking for this let me know. My email is hantanbl@gmail.com

Take note that this is only the spacer, you will have to buy the Mic holder that bears the sony part number X-2023-933-1 from online store like partstore.com etc. I think they are selling it for $62.
John Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I sent you a e-mail. Yeah I ordered those other parts from Sony and they should come early next week. So yeah send me those spacers and screws. I am going to use the Sennheiser mic with mine and mount my Lav to the back of the camera and use the top of the camera for my Frezzi light and be done. I didnt like the "parts all over the rig" look that I had going on last weekend at Long Beach Grand Prix.

Nice work.

Myles
Myles Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I replied your email an hour ago. I took my FX1 for shoot today at a food event with an Audio Technica Mic + wind screen. I got my LED video light mounted on top the FX1 and the mic of course on my newly installed Z1U mic holder. There wasn't any vibration and the mic+wind screen was never visible from the view finder throughout the shoot. 2 of my friends saw the Mic holder and wanted to do the same.

I suddenly felt more proud with my FX1 and look forward to taking more jobs.
Old April 24th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Trustee

where did u buy the mic holder in Singapore, John? I may be interested.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:33 AM   #5
New Boot

FX1 Mic Holder

Frezzi Universal handle clamp with 1.5" stud and microphone clamp (9807M)

Works great for me on my FX1

And you don't have to put holes in your camera.
Fred Todisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:39 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Todisco View Post
Frezzi Universal handle clamp with 1.5" stud and microphone clamp (9807M)

Works great for me on my FX1

And you don't have to put holes in your camera.
Sean, I have sent you an email.

Fred, the 2 holes needed to mount the mic holder, was already there when you bought the FX1
Old April 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I bought the parts from Sony, less the handle, and bought the spacer from John Woo. I asked for him to send it overnight and that worked fine. It took me all of 10 minutes and that was it. I bought an extra one just in the event I have any issues on the road.

Here is my finished rig( less the Lav).

http://www.rcephotos.com/photos/albu...2025.sized.jpg

Myles
Myles Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #8
Regular Crew

FX1 microphone conversion kit

I have put up the conversion kit on Ebay for auction. Check it out by searching the key word 'Z1U mic holder' or click on the below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=007
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:14 AM   #9
Inner Circle

It's funny, but the first thing I did when I bought my Z1 was to remove the supplied mic holder so that I could attach my radio mic receiver. Here's a shot of the simple bracket I made to do just that:

http://www.fortvir.net/gallery2/tom-...acket.jpg.html

I mount my K6/ME66 in the Rycote softie, and this sits in the hot shoe mount on camera centreline. Up there I can fit my 0.52x wideangle converter and no mic appears in shot.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1