Z1 Analog Capture - Audio Problem - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old May 16th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I tried a newer tape and the audio played fine with NO clipping. Apparently, the problem lies with the older tapes, as the newer ones seem to play back fine. I wanted to use the Z1 for capturing to avoid dropped frames, but I guess I won't be able to capture all of my tapes using it. My capture card, the Datavideo Dac-100, has a problem capturing older tapes (some have magnetic distortion) and drops too many frames. The ADVC 300 looks awesome, it would be great for cleaning up a lot of my video, but it is way too pricey for me...
Brandon Savoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:36 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hey guys, I am now having problems with my new tapes too. They're clipping audio in the same way as the older ones. But here is something interesting: I unplugged the yellow video plug on my AV cable but left the white plug in so that only the audio would pass through the Z1 (audio only, no video). When doing this, the audio plays back perfectly, there is no clipping at all on any of my tapes. So, the audio seems to only play back correctly if the yellow video plug is unplugged on my av cable...
Brandon Savoie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1