DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   HVR-Z1 25p in Matrox Axio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/96810-hvr-z1-25p-matrox-axio.html)

Richard Measures June 18th, 2007 09:08 AM

HVR-Z1 25p in Matrox Axio

Has anyone imported the 25p (or 24p in NTSC world) into Matrox Axio? Is it supported> Does it work at all?

I'm considering a purchase of Axio HD just now, and a Z1 would be my first HD/HDV acqusition tool to go with it before a more substantial XDCAM package.

Is this up and running? The progressive look is important for my 'look' despite not being a film-out process.

Boyd Ostroff June 18th, 2007 09:22 AM

FWIW, the Z1 doesn't do 24p or 25p. Instead it offers cineframe 24 and cineframe 25 which try to approximate progressive scan at the expense of resolution.

Perhaps you're thinking of the V1? It does real progressive scan.

Richard Measures June 19th, 2007 02:51 AM

HVR-V1 25p in Matrox Axio

Perhaps you're thinking of the V1? It does real progressive scan.[/QUOTE]

Indeed I am - thanks for the correction.

Matrox inform me that version 3 of Axio will support fully the progressive function of the V1 in SD and HDV. Marvellous!

R

Mojmir Pribis June 19th, 2007 03:44 AM

V1 25p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff (Post 698472)
FWIW, the Z1 doesn't do 24p or 25p. Instead it offers cineframe 24 and cineframe 25 which try to approximate progressive scan at the expense of resolution.

Perhaps you're thinking of the V1? It does real progressive scan.

V1 does real progressive scan? Not really.
The cineframe modes of both Z1 and V1 are the same. Deinterlaced progressive picture from Z1 has exactly the same characteristic as picture from V1. The only difference is CCD / CMOS.

Joe Lawry June 19th, 2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojmir Pribis (Post 698932)
V1 does real progressive scan? Not really.
The cineframe modes of both Z1 and V1 are the same. Deinterlaced progressive picture from Z1 has exactly the same characteristic as picture from V1. The only difference is CCD / CMOS.

No you would be incorrect there, the V1 does not shoot the cineframe mode it shoots a progressive signal, unlike the Z1 which does indeed shoot in the cineframe modes.

Mojmir Pribis August 23rd, 2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Lawry (Post 699240)
No you would be incorrect there, the V1 does not shoot the cineframe mode it shoots a progressive signal, unlike the Z1 which does indeed shoot in the cineframe modes.

Hi Joe,
I am not really sure if V1 or Z1 shoot progressive singnal.
On V1 model model it is named "progressive scan", on Z1 "cineframe mode" but there is no difference between these modes.

Douglas Spotted Eagle August 23rd, 2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojmir Pribis (Post 733347)
Hi Joe,
I am not really sure if V1 or Z1 shoot progressive singnal.
On V1 model model it is named "progressive scan", on Z1 "cineframe mode" but there is no difference between these modes.

Yes. There is.