Sony Unveils HDR-FX1000 , HVR-Z5J - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old September 10th, 2008, 07:44 AM   #76
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski View Post
Ho, ho, ho, the FX-1000 is going to fly off the shelves this Christmas! Low-light HDV + progressive shooting modes at US$1,999! This looks like Sony's full-on "real" replacement for the venerable old VX-xxxx series! That's exciting.
Hey Michael it was a misprint on the B&H site they corrected it to $3,199. I was to excited wen I got the email from them this morning thinking $1,999 I ma buy a couple. Then they corrected it and I might still get 1. Who knows. It looks like quite a camera, I wonder when Canon will upgrade their XHA1, time will tell.
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:49 AM   #77
Wrangler

Oh rats. Well hopefully it will still come down in price, when it finally goes on sale.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #78
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
Hey Michael it was a misprint on the B&H site they corrected it to $3,199. I was to excited wen I got the email from them this morning thinking $1,999 I ma buy a couple. Then they corrected it and I might still get 1. Who knows. It looks like quite a camera, I wonder when Canon will upgrade their XHA1, time will tell.
Sorry I meant to say that the FX7 was being introduced at a low price of $1,999.
You are correct in saying that the FX1000 will be $3,199.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #79
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
Sorry I meant to say that the FX7 was being introduced at a low price of $1,999.
You are correct in saying that the FX1000 will be $3,199.
Hey Michael my post was to Michael Wisniewski you didn't say anything wrong at all. Your post is correct.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #80
Regular Crew

Sony HDR-FX1000 pre-order

It is available for pre-order at B&H starting today. $3199, very close to a XH-A1.

Sony | HDR-FX1000 Handycam HDV Camcorder | HDR-FX1000 | B&H
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #81
Major Player

I don't see many molds broken here

Quote:
...the cameras from Sony's consumer division have historically offered either HD or 24p, never both. The FX1000 breaks that mold, dropping the FX1's CineFrame mode for true progressive-scan 1080/24p and 30p...
For that to be true (molds broken), I'd want 120 fps and true progressive recording , and I'd want it to be smaller , and all for the same price - whoops - guess I'm talking about the Scarlet . Sony and Canon and the rest better pull their knockers out 'cause if Scarlet delivers , then these types of cameras being touted as the digital cinema vanguard , will be for news gathering folks only. They just don't want to give us the whole pie at once - that's the problem. The want to piece meal out the advances one at a time so we'll , over the long haul , buy more cameras .
So it'll be left to companies like Red , and maybe Nikon and Olympus to give us the tools of the future.
I am however more interested in the cf/firewire recorder .
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #82
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Dias View Post
Any idea what the lux rating will be on the FX1000/Z5?

Will it be just as good as the Z7 in low light?
"Other new features include increased low-light sensitivity (down to 1.5 lux)"

Yipee!... Better low-light sensitivity than the FX1/Z1...
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #83
Major Player

The US press release for the FX1000 and Z5U. It includes retail prices for the Z5 and the optional MRC1.

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/37215.html
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #84
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Dias View Post
"Other new features include increased low-light sensitivity (down to 1.5 lux)"

Yipee!... Better low-light sensitivity than the FX1/Z1...
I bet the 1.5 lux (Auto Gain, Auto Iris, 1/30 Shutter) so 1/60 shutter will be 3 lux just like the Z7U.
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:41 PM   #85
Regular Crew

Rolling Shutter NO PROB on the Z7U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang View Post
I sure hope they don't retire the Z1 since it is CCD and that equals no rolling shutter artifacts.
You must be thinking of the EX series cameras on the rolling shutter thingy. We ran our tests on the Z7U the minute we got it and unless the flash/strobe is directly in the line of fire in the lens AND within 4 feet . . no rolling shutter. Even then, unlike the EX exactly 7 frames were affected all three times it happened out of over 100 flashes from all sorts of still flash cameras including the pro photographer. We had an awful time trying to get it to happen.

So the Z7U isn't the rolling shutter problem camera, that appears to be exclusive to the EX series of CMOS :o)

Oh and those drulling over the MRU1 . . it is everything that it appears to be AND MORE. We actually start digitizing our other two cameras (non Sony) footage "on location" with the spare Z7U at the reception through the firewire and playing back while recording with the MRU and walk in with digitized media :o)
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #86
Regular Crew

if only the fx1000 came with XLR inputs at that price or the Z5U had a real servo lens, then i'd really cringe to want one of them.
Old September 11th, 2008, 03:43 AM   #87
Major Player

if you cruise the EX board, seems the new firmware has resolved some of the rolling
shutter issues with the EX.
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:41 AM   #88
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Smith View Post
So the Z7U isn't the rolling shutter problem camera, that appears to be exclusive to the EX series of CMOS
I'll bet the reason for this is due to their Z-series camcorders using a form of pixel offset (the ClearVid chips), which their EX series don't have.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #89
Regular Crew

Anyone know if the "microphone" input is mini jack or xlr on the fx1000? How about the z5u?
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #90
Obstreperous Rex

The mic inputs are Stereo Mini on the FX1000 and XLR on the Z5.

Speaking of the Z5, the North American model Z5U
has finally made it onto the official Sony site:
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-HVRZ5U/

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000