CF Cards - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
...Stelios, you mention the other beautiful thing about this setup...recording dual formats simultaneously.
Rob, it's not that I want to brag about this camera, but the more I learn about it the more I love it. I believe it's started a new chapter in camcorders. Ofcourse it's not the ideal camcorder but it's certainly value for money. and with my FX7 it's like Bonnie and Clyde..lol.

Stelios

Last edited by Stelios Christofides; March 7th, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
Stelios Christofides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Miley View Post
But are you all using the cheaper tapes just for back up/archive whilst mainly relying on your CF cards? Or, for extra security/peace of mind do you still rely on the higher quality tapes?

Cheers

Paul
Sony Premium from B&H they cost me $4.50 even record HDV on them you cant beat that
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #18
Regular Crew

SD/CF card settings

For filming a dance concert that typically runs in two 80 minutes halves (which is what most of the concerts I film go for), I am thinking going Standard def, Long play on the tape and use 32 gig cards. Probably dedicate two cards - one for each half.

I really don't want to have to change tape at any stage.

I do around 10 -15 shows over the the NOV/December period 2 cameras and really don't want the hassle of more tapes to label, cue up and change during a performance.

As the CF cards seem very reliable I think the above may be the go for me.

I filmed some more Aussie Rules football yesterday and are loving the camera more and more as I get to understand it.

Q. Can you do a white balance whilst in record?
Martin Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #19
Major Player

You can't white balance in record mode. I love the fact that is has 2 presets though.
One of the annoying things about this camera, and not sterotyping, but it seems Sony tested the buttons and menu wheel on Japanese fingers, which would account for the size.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #20
Regular Crew

So are the Sandisk Extreme III's good enough for High Def recording? I know people recommend a faster data record rate than what those particular cards offer, like the Extreme IV's.
Geoff Schatzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #21
Major Player

I'm using Lexar Pro 300x. I've only shot 1 event and some misc. test shots with it so I don't have much historywith it but it was one of the recommended cards. I use Lexar cards for my DSLR and have never had any problems with them.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #22
Major Player

Transcend 133x 16 GB. Works perfect!
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000