FX-1000 Wide Angle lens? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Major Player

FX-1000 Wide Angle lens?

I'm looking for a wide angle lens for my FX-1000 and would like to know if anyone has purchased a lens they really like. I have a Sony WA lens for my FX-1, but there is a ring that sticks out just before the threads and it won't allow me to attach it to my Z7U or FX-1000. I guess that is Sony's way of making sure I buy another product. Any suggestions?
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Chad !!

I have this one on my Z5 and FX1000 some times and is AMAZING !!!

16x9 Inc. | 72mm EX Super Fisheye Lens | 169-HDCSF4X-72 | B&H
Franklin Bencosme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #3
Major Player

Sometimes I get lost . . .
I thought the terrible WA of the FX-1000 would finish all needs for a separate WA. And the quality of the image is very nice, even in the corners. Hardly any barrel distortion.
When completely wide however, people in a landscape are miniaturised, so that they get lost in the image . . .
Now someone wants more WA on a FX-1000 anyhow. Is that for funny effects, like Fisheye distortion? Or what else for?
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ouwejan View Post
Now someone wants more WA on a FX-1000 anyhow. Is that for funny effects, like Fisheye distortion? Or what else for?
Yup - it's all about Fisheye look - all the skateboarding videos, or other extreme sports.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I would love that fisheye, it would make for some fantastic creative shots in the churches. That does appear to be a nice lens for the money.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Sometimes I get lost . . .
I thought the terrible WA of the FX-1000 would finish all needs for a separate WA.
I think you mean "terrific." Terrific is good, Terrible is bad, even though they have the same roots.

But your English is way better than my Dutch.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #7
Major Player

You just passed for Gold!
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Fisheye (barrel) distortion is but one disadvantage of wide-angle adapters in general, though sometimes it can be used to good effect of course. But very wide and very non-distorting wide-angle lenses (think Krubrick following Danny down the corridors of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining) are used because of the perspective control they offer, and little else.

Wide-angle lenses are not to 'get everybody in' as such, they're primary function is to make great play on the incredible dof and pov they offer.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000