DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/)
-   -   How to get video info on a computer file? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/238497-how-get-video-info-computer-file.html)

Arie Weisman July 6th, 2009 12:34 AM

How to get video info on a computer file?

Is there a way to get the following info regarding a clip that was captured on a computer?

Iris, gain, shutter speed, white balance etc'?

The camcorder is Sony fx1000

Thanks
Arikw

Andrew Smith July 6th, 2009 06:51 AM

Nope. Not that I know of as far as an automatic function goes.

One way of doing this would be to enter it as metadata for each clip when you shoot and capture directly in to a computer using a product such as Adobe OnLocation.

Andrew

Vito DeFilippo July 6th, 2009 07:34 AM

Take a look at this:

DVMP Pro 3 - view and edit date/time stamp, datacode/datecode, timecode, and camera exposure details in HDV and DV AVI files

Arie Weisman July 6th, 2009 11:23 AM

How do you get video info on a computer playback media player

Hi Vito DeFilippo

It looks fine but it does not support m2v files.
Any other idea?

Arikw

Jeff Harper July 6th, 2009 01:00 PM

It supports m2t files which are what the FX1000 records in.

Vito DeFilippo July 6th, 2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arie Weisman (Post 1167857)
Any other idea?

Just putting the original tape into the camera or a deck and displaying the data code. Other than that, I don't know.

Did you try the demo?

Ron Evans July 6th, 2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arie Weisman (Post 1167857)
Hi Vito DeFilippo

It looks fine but it does not support m2v files.
Any other idea?

Arikw

How did you capture from the FX1000? Was it from tape, live from the iLink or live from the HDMI? The iLink should be m2t but I do not think the HDMI would have any of the information. If it was from the iLink then export back to tape and then look at the data code. How did you get m2v that would require further encoding or transcoding from m2t.

Ron Evans

Arie Weisman July 7th, 2009 12:02 AM

How do you get video info on a computer when playback media player

I capture to the computer via fire wire using avid liquid edition editing software.

The file format is m2v which was not recognized by the demo.

Arikw

Colin Browell August 1st, 2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

The file format is m2v which was not recognized by the demo.
I suspect that the m2v format will have had the metadata stripped out during your capture procedure. You need the original m2t format to display the info.

Rob Morse August 1st, 2009 10:21 AM

I don't think it's a capture issue, I think the camera itself does not embed the metadata like a photo does.

Rob Morse August 1st, 2009 10:32 AM

Vito, have you actually tried this? If as advertised, it seems it would more than pay for itself for $40.
I guess my statement in the above clip would be incorrect if this worked.

Ron Evans August 1st, 2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Morse (Post 1179553)
I don't think it's a capture issue, I think the camera itself does not embed the metadata like a photo does.

All the Sony camcorders embed this data. I have several DV, HDV and AVCHD Sony camcorders and they all have this data. That's why they have a button on the camera and/or the remote that says data code. The latest AVCHD camcorders also embed GPS coordinates of when the clip was taken.The issue here is the capture by Liquid that may have removed the data when converting to m2v which is a MPEG2 video file.

Ron Evans

Rob Morse August 1st, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans (Post 1179560)
All the Sony camcorders embed this data. I have several DV, HDV and AVCHD Sony camcorders and they all have this data. That's why they have a button on the camera and/or the remote that says data code.

I guess you're right about that. I didn't think it was something that worked outside the camera.