Anyone having problems with Z5U NAB rebate? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone having problems with Z5U NAB rebate?

I ordered my Z5U from B & H when the NAB rebate was in effect. I love the camcorder, but am very frustrated with SonyStyle. The NAB rebate was extremely limited in what you could order with it (this was made clear in the rebate form). From my limited choices, I ordered an extra battery, an LCD hood, and an ECM-673 shotgun mic. I received the battery quickly, and the hood within a reasonable time. Then, I received an email from SonyStyle that they were cancelling the microphone order due to non-availablity. I have called SonyStyle and sent multiple emails about the cancellation. At first they didn't recognize that it was prepaid with an ecoupon, and wanted me to reorder, paying the full price. When I insisted that it was prepaid, they checked again and finally acknowleged it; they said I would have to pick from one of the other items. I found that the microphone is actually in stock per their website, I called them to to get it shipped out and had to go through everything again. Then I was told they could not ship it until a credit came through from the order they had cancelled on August 7th. They could not tell me when or if the credit was coming. Everything seems to be in limbo, and I cant get a good answer. I have replied again by email today, and am waiting for a reply. I'll keep you posted when I get it resolved.

Anyone else having problems?
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Archivist for SMECC

This is scary as I have a rebate e-coupon due me too...
was therre a special url you when to order from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Petersen View Post
I ordered my Z5U from B & H when the NAB rebate was in effect. I love the camcorder, but am very frustrated with SonyStyle. The NAB rebate was extremely limited in what you could order with it (this was made clear in the rebate form). From my limited choices, I ordered an extra battery, an LCD hood, and an ECM-673 shotgun mic. I received the battery quickly, and the hood within a reasonable time. Then, I received an email from SonyStyle that they were cancelling the microphone order due to non-availablity. I have called SonyStyle and sent multiple emails about the cancellation. At first they didn't recognize that it was prepaid with an ecoupon, and wanted me to reorder, paying the full price. When I insisted that it was prepaid, they checked again and finally acknowleged it; they said I would have to pick from one of the other items. I found that the microphone is actually in stock per their website, I called them to to get it shipped out and had to go through everything again. Then I was told they could not ship it until a credit came through from the order they had cancelled on August 7th. They could not tell me when or if the credit was coming. Everything seems to be in limbo, and I cant get a good answer. I have replied again by email today, and am waiting for a reply. I'll keep you posted when I get it resolved.

Anyone else having problems?

See The Communications and Computation Museum at:
Museum Website

See The Glendale Arizona Videosphere - KKAT-TV At:
Glendale Daily Planet KKAT-TV CouryGraph Productions

Click For Red Camera In Action
Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Update on the NAB rebate

Here is an update with additional information:
Originally I never heard anything on the rebate, so I called the phone number listed with the online rebate information. They told me the rebate was approved and had been sent in the mail (I never received it). The lady I was talking to was very nice; she gave me the ecoupon code over the phone. This is important if you have not heard from them.

I then went online to SonyStyle through the rebate link, and everything was out of stock. I ended up ordering (backordering) a battery, the LCD hood, and an ECM-673 shotgun microphone (details outlined in my previous post)

The battery came quickly, followed by the LCD hood after a reasonable amount of time.
In mid July, I received an email from SonyStyle that microphone was cancelled.
I sent many emails to SonyStyle, and always got a reply that they were checking into it.
I also made several phone calls, and got the answer that they could see the ecoupon information, but would have to check with others. (Never getting a follow-up)
I finally made another phone call and got someone that knew what to do. I had to place a new order at the full price and they would credit my card for the difference, to make the cost the same to me. I was able to reorder, over the phone, at the time of the call, and received an order confirmation and a credit confirmation email within a few minutes.

I received my microphone today and checked my credit card online to verify that I did receive the credit. Everything is good. I'm just disappointed that SonyStyle had so many Customer Service reps that could not deal with the situation. I spent a significant amount of time on the phone trying to get it straightened out.
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Archivist for SMECC

the infamous rebate. I have heard nothing >>>help email and phone please?

anyone have any quick effective phone #'s for them? I have no response from them
I am NOT happy. it was signed for

Your item was delivered at 9:35 AM on July 20, 2009 in SAINT PAUL, MN 55110 to HELGESON ENTERPRISES. The item was signed for by G ANDERSON

Museum Website

Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Major Player

While not w/ the Z5, I had a smooth time getting the $500 NAB 2008 rebate after purchasing my Z7. I liked just about everyone I met at the Sony booth that year.

This year I went back & thought everyone at the Sony booth had too much wax in their ears. One issue I brought up was that I felt their professional website usually didn't respond when I had a question & I could not find many resources on some of their older products. I asked specifically how I could get better customer service & the answer I got was "You can look up a phone number on our website if you need to contact someone."

I still love my Z7, but I'm happy for many reasons now that I've dumped my Sony Wireless Mic sets & gone over to Lectrosonics. Heck, I even got a free t-shirt after hanging out at the Lectro booth this year at NAB.

Sorry to hear things aren't going smooth. I think it is kinda crazy to think that I had an easier time getting a check to spend on whatever I want than you trying to get a rebate to spend on Sony gear & only Sony gear.
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #6
Archivist for SMECC

the rebate!

Yea I had to call for it too.... Got it!

I think i will apply it to something neat there.
now lets see how easy spending it will be.

Museum Website

Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000