Anyone shooting DV? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #16
Major Player

Regarding zooming in on HD footage for SD delivery - this produces a beautiful image in Vegas, but with Premiere, there is a definite quality loss. So, while I am a Premiere editor (using Matrox RT.X2 hardware), I jump over to Vegas just to zoom certain clips then export them out for use in Premiere.

Adobe just can't get some things right - HDV to DVD still doesn't work well and users have to do workarounds

Jeff
Jeff Pulera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
Lukas, that is true but if I know I will never convert it, what's the point. Unless I'm getting a much higher quality output with the HD I would rather not go through the hassle..
Maybe you can consider getting the MRC1K. This way you have best of both worlds. Shoot DV on MRC1k and HDV on tape. You can edit faster because less time wasted importing video, and you can still go closer if needed and import that shot from HDV tape.
Boudewijn de Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #18
Major Player

I guess I have to pull out the manual. I tried to do that the last time I shot and it didn't work. Somehow both were recorded in HDV. That is what I wanted though, DV on card, HDV on tape. I'm catching up on work right now and will be a little slower for the next 2 months so I'll try to experiment.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #19
Major Player

I got the opportunity to shoot some sideline video of high school football games. The first night I shot in HDV and noticed some blurring effect which seemed like it could have been a codec issue. Too much changing too fast, frame to frame. The second weekend, I recorded in DV widescreen and all of the blurring issues were gone. And the footage looked really good in either format.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #20
Trustee

Greg
The moral of the story: Shoot in DV widescreen!

Stelios

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000