Z5 - can I have W/B fine tune on assign buttons? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Z5 - can I have W/B fine tune on assign buttons?

I was talking to the Sony rep at the IOV forum yesterday and even he couldn't help me. On my Z1 I have assign buttons 5 and 6 set up to give me fine adjust of the daylight white balance, and I find this incredibly useful in run 'n' gun situations.

So if I can cool the image by clicking button 5 and warm it by clicking button 6. If I click button 5 five times (good reminder) I find myself filming with the (manual, natch) artificial light w/bal.

Question is, can I set up the Z5 assign buttons to give me the same facility?

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Tom, it doesn't have that ability. It has a limited amount of items to choose from and WB isn't even on the list. There are things I wanted to use the assign button for as well but they're not there for me either.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000