FX1000 & Premiere - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Blu-Ray players are now $129. On Black Friday they'll be $89. Burners aren't much more. What are you waiting for?

Shoot, edit, master in HD. Then downconvert to DVD at the last minute. This way you have both but only need to do most of the work once.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luie Dalmasy Jr. View Post
Yea Adam it's kind of dumb lol I'm trying to figure out the best way to output my films. I think DVD would have to be the best for now. but I mean... why bother shooting in HD then. Future proof? ... I donno
1. material shot and edited in hd THEN transcoded to dvd looks better than straight sd.

2. you can include a hd file (mp4, m2t, etc.,) on your dvd - if someone can access it, they can play it on their pc / mac

3. you can re-release later on in blu-ray or whatever.
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #18
New Boot

thanks. I was actually wondering about the first statement.
and the second one is a good idea I didn't think of and I was actually thinking to just save everything and when I get a BR burner I'll start burning everything on BR

Thanks
Leslie
Luie Dalmasy Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luie Dalmasy Jr. View Post
thanks. I was actually wondering about the first statement.
and the second one is a good idea I didn't think of and I was actually thinking to just save everything and when I get a BR burner I'll start burning everything on BR

Thanks
Leslie
What he meant is - do the whole process in HD. Once finished with edit, export the project to mpeg2 dvd format. This will give you higher quality then converting the footage to SD first then editing it.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:57 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Blu-Ray players are now $129. On Black Friday they'll be $89. Burners aren't much more. What are you waiting for?
Granted, after this holiday season there should be a lot more Blu-ray players out there but the problem is not the price of players or burners, it's the price of media. When I last checked BD-R media was still $13-15 per disc. It will need to drop to around $5 before I jump in.

There is also the question of BD-R and BD-RE compatibility with the cheaper players. I think we're going to go through the DVD-R/+R compatibility learning curve all over again.
John Gayman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000