DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/)
-   -   Shooting Action (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/468470-shooting-action.html)

Dale Guthormsen November 27th, 2009 10:57 AM

Shooting Action

Good Morning,

First my main camera is an canon xlh1.

I am considering a fx 1000 or z5

I need a second HD handheld camera for Run and gun shooting as well as back up when I shoot events.

My primary use of the camera will be to shoot falcons flying and stooping across the sky in pursuits.

I need more critical focus that the higher level view finder found on the 1000 or z/5.

Focus is my priamry issue.

I read the threads on rolling shutters and cmos sensors.

I would like to know if scanning across the sky following a falcon is doable with this system of recording??

also, will I have any trouble matching color settings and how much color correction might there need to be in post. I am fairly competent at color correction in post, but always prefer to have cameras set as close as possible.

Luie Dalmasy Jr. November 28th, 2009 01:39 PM

Hey

I have the same question about shooting action on the FX1000 it seems I can't get rid of this blur even with progressive mode off. I am going to try and change the shutter speed and see if that makes any difference. If you like I can try a few different modes of cars driving by or something and post it online and you can see for yourself.
I'll do it tomorrow morning. Hope it helps

Lukas Siewior November 29th, 2009 10:30 PM

I sometimes shoot sport cars and never had any bigger issues with rolling shutter. I do it in 60i mode. Here is a sample:

Leslie Wand November 30th, 2009 04:03 AM

what wa are you using?

Lukas Siewior November 30th, 2009 06:56 AM

I used FX1000. Opening shots were done with Canon T1i.

Dale Guthormsen November 30th, 2009 12:22 PM

Lukas,

thank you for taking the time to post the link. it did show me a couple things I needed to know. One was the blu sky moving at speed in the background. I watched closely at the faster moving closer in images and they seemed fine.

What happens if you shoot in 30P??

thanks.

Lukas Siewior November 30th, 2009 04:16 PM

I did 30fps few times and didn't noticed any problems. Actualy I might be wrong - that video might have been shot at 30fps for easier match with canon's footage (720p30).

Dale Guthormsen December 1st, 2009 08:41 AM

slo mo option

Lukas,

I was was wondering if you use the excellertaed frame rate that runs for 6 seconds?

I heard it was poor but have never seen any real fotage of it.

Curiously, How does it work? can I be shooting regular frame rate and kick it in at the right moment?

can I bee shooting the slo mo and then kickstraight into 30p or 60i?

Or does it have to be totally independantly run?

Is it menu based or exterior button?

I would love to get my hand on a manual!!

I am pretty convinced I am going with this camera at this point!!

thank you ever so much for your time!!!

Lukas Siewior December 1st, 2009 08:46 AM

Slow mo is menu based and doesn't kick into regular rec mode automaticaly, so its pretty useless for run and gun situation.

Manual you can find posted in this forum. Check sticky thread on top of the page.

Ben Hall December 6th, 2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukas Siewior (Post 1454502)
Slow mo is menu based and doesn't kick into regular rec mode automaticaly, so its pretty useless for run and gun situation.

Just assign slow motion mode to one of the 7 assignable buttons. Now, assuming you're shooting in 50/60i, you can flip between regular and slowmo without problems - I do this quite a lot.

Lukas Siewior December 6th, 2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Hall (Post 1456947)
Just assign slow motion mode to one of the 7 assignable buttons. Now, assuming you're shooting in 50/60i, you can flip between regular and slowmo without problems - I do this quite a lot.

That's a good idea - totally forgot you can do it. But still it would be cool if the camera kept recording in standard mode after slo-mo without stopping.

Dale Guthormsen December 6th, 2009 07:00 PM

good evening,

That makes it a little more usable!

will get this camera after january.