Z7U Training Video - Highly Recommend! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Z7U Training Video - Highly Recommend!

Guys,

I just finished watching the, Mastering the Sony HDR-Z7U DVD by Vortex (don't have one for the Z5U). Three hours of really good explanation, training, intrepretation and suggested settings by an experienced video professional. It's well done. I admit, even though I've been using my VX2000 for years, I'm by no means a seasoned videographer. And the Z5 has SO many more features. It would have taken me weeks (more like months) of exploration and trial and error to figure the value of many of the settings and the best time to use or not to use. Will dovetail well with this forum's info. For me, it was $75 well spent. I highly recommend if you are like me and have moderate video understanding or want to get up to speed faster with the A5. (I'm not affiliated with Vortex in any way). I got it from Full Compass.com.

Note 1: Even though it is for the Z7U, most of the menu items were the same. Buttons are in different locations

Note 2: I emailed Vortex and suggested a Z5U video would be a good idea to consider.
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

i could do with one for the Z5P... would really help... thanks
Jason Selmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Goodsell View Post
Note 2: I emailed Vortex and suggested a Z5U video would be a good idea to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Selmes View Post
i could do with one for the Z5P... would really help... thanks
Z5 video would be great because it could be addressed as well to FX1000 users. This way they expand their potential market without additional expense.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #4
New Boot

I got the same DVD. It covers all the basics for the fx1000 as well.
John Beattie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000