DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/)
-   -   Record Time and Date Z5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/469146-record-time-date-z5.html)

Fred Todisco December 8th, 2009 02:58 PM

Record Time and Date Z5

I have the manual but it is not making it clear?
I am taping a deposition and I need to record the Time Stamp.
My secondary feed is going to an old monitor with a VHS tape (VCR) to back up my record?
I can't get the Z5 to display my Time Stamp on my output to the monitor?
Any suggestions?

David Barnett December 8th, 2009 04:23 PM

It definitely does this. I'll be home shortly & find it in the manual (just got one last week for deps). I think it's in the "CAMERA SET" feature but I could be wrong. It's basically it's own feature (DATE/TIME RECORD).

I wasn't however able to burn it to DVD using composite outs. Got the video, no date/time. I had to get a firewire & that did work. Not sure you'll have any luck with the VHS.

Fred Todisco December 8th, 2009 05:21 PM

Record Date and Time Z5

Thanks but I checked my mini DV and I got it to record onto my Mini DV tape ok but I would like to get it to record onto the VHS though? I am using the regular RCA out of the cam into the monitor/VHS but it does not show up weird?
Thanks hay not to far from you I live by Rutgers I go down to Philly often.

Adam Gold December 8th, 2009 05:25 PM

You've tried DATE REC (Page 94)? If it burns into the DV tape but doesn't go out the composite feed, maybe you can just dub the tape later...

Edit: I just messed around with a few of the settings. If you turn DATE REC ON, and DISP OUTPUT (Page 84) to V-OUT/PANEL or ALL OUTPUT, the date and time goes out via composite to an external monitor, so it should record. ALL OUTPUT adds component. But you would then need to edit which settings appear in the LCD and consequently the external monitor/VHS. Fortunately, it's easy to do so.

Fred Todisco December 8th, 2009 05:33 PM

Record Date and Time Z5

I know that I am trying to avoid that? But its looking more and more I would have to do that?

Thanks

Adam Gold December 8th, 2009 05:45 PM

See my edit, above.

Fred Todisco December 8th, 2009 05:58 PM

Record Date and and Time Z5

Adam that worked Thanks

But How do I remove the Red Record from displaying ? Thanks

Adam Gold December 8th, 2009 06:14 PM

I think you may be stuck there. Even with CAM DATA DSP set to OFF, you'll still have a few things showing up, I think.

David Barnett December 8th, 2009 06:14 PM

Try pressing the DATA CODE Button, I think it's goes away. Otherwise, Check the actual VHS copy. I think if I recall correctly it might be there while your recording (on the monitor), but not actually burn in to the tape or external.

Adam Gold December 8th, 2009 08:26 PM

Logical, but unfortunately not. DATA CODE is usually for playback only -- I couldn't get it to do anything while recording.

But DISPLAY/BATT INFO cycles through various modes, and you can get everything except the time, date and REC or STBY to disappear by cycling through the various options.

But no way to get rid of REC that I can find.

This puzzle has me intrigued... will have to play around more tonight....