Slow Motion on Z5 is beautiful....but.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 5th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #1
Major Player

Slow Motion on Z5 is beautiful....but....

Does anyone know if the quality goes down or anything? I have nt noticed anything yet.
You can also check out my website at Wedding & Corporate Video, Sacramento, Roseville, Folsom, Auburn to see some of my stuff.
Thanks!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Yes. Page 74.
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #3
Major Player

On my Z7 I can tell a difference in quality drop when you go for longer bursts. I used to have a HC3 & the Z7 is a great improvement over that, but the 120fps bursts aren't full HDV quality. But for SD or the web, it might be hard to see the loss in quality, bit you will see the smoothness of motion.
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Silas,

If I recall correctly it is 720, not 1080.

I just tested it and I was quite surprised how nice it actually looked on my 50 inch plasma!!

Most peoples vision sees 700 lines readily which is why JVC developed the 720 hd the 1080 is really more one upmanship than necessary.

If you wanted 1080 you could try the free Moyea converter. Not sure if it does that but you could check it out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000