Interesting Stereo Shotgun Mic... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 20th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Interesting Stereo Shotgun Mic...

I'm generally not a big fan of on-camera stereo mics, but this unit seems intriguing:
bp-4029

Review:In Review: Audio-Technica BP 4029 Mic

While not exactly cheap, it's not a ton more than a good mono shotgun mic. Anyone have experience with this? Your thoughts?
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:12 AM   #2
Major Player

I've had this mic for a couple of years and really makes a difference in recording. You get good audio throughout, even when moving and turning away from the speakers. It used to be an AT835ST. I love the mic.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:52 PM   #3
New Boot

I have used the BP-4029 for a while but it was extremely wind sensitive. The sound was great those times it didn’t took up wind or movements in the air. I used a large high-wind fur in it. So I went back to a Sony mono mic.
Peter Berggren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000