Dropped audio frames/wrong audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Dropped audio frames/wrong audio

I am using the FX1000 with the MRC1. While recording dancing at the wedding, the last clip on the card the audio dropped out 3 times for about 40 frames (each time the duration was different & there was no dropped video frames). The last time it dropped frames the audio it recorded was from 5 minutes earlier on the same clip. Usually I also record to tape but there were only a couple of dances left so not tape backup. I tried to re-import the clip & no difference. Any ideas why this happened?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Allen
Allen Bartnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Major Player

Did you use the Sony utility program or did you pull it directly off the card? If not, use the utility program. Although, that doesn't sound like a typical problem. Maybe it's a card issue. What cards are you using?

That's par for the course. Just when you think you can get by without tape Murphy steps in. I'm still paranoid when I go without tape. I know it's mostly in my head but I just can't get around it.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I first used the Sony utility than I also took it straight from the card. I use the Sandisk Extreme 3-32gb.
Allen Bartnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Major Player

I have no idea and everyone raves about that card. I personally want a speed of at least 300x and that's why I waited when the Extreme 3's had that big rebate. It's probably irrelevant but that's what I have in my head. It could just be a one-time freak thing. Is the MRC-1 new? On 2 or 3 occasions I've had to go to the tape. One of the times it was a necessity. Not to beat a dead horse but that's why I went with the Z5 over the EX1. It's worth a little piece of mind.

I just realized you're using the FX1000, what about the cable from the camera to the MRC-1?
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I'm using the firewire cable that came with the unit. It's fairly new, I've used it about 12 times with no other problems.
Allen Bartnick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000