Hoodman Hoodloupe 3.0 LCD Viewfinder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1
New Boot

Hoodman Hoodloupe 3.0 LCD Viewfinder

Has anyone ever done any work with the Hoodman Hoodloupe 3.0 LCD Viewfinder on their LCD screen? I`ve worked with bigger viewfinders off the shoulder for years and find it a bit diffucult getting used to the smaller viewfinder directly on the back of the camera. What are your experiences with these magnified hoods?
Denny Gulvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Trustee

Denny,

I got a Hoodloupe EX1-R kit for my Sony V1 (oddly enough), but it all seems to fit OK. I haven't used in in anger, but it was bought in response to a long frustrating day in midwinter with very low, bright sunlight making it impossible to see the screen, even with a lens hood on it.

I've only used it around the house and garden for practice purposes, but find it very usable. I get a great field of view in the new "viewfinder", it makes focusing easier. It's OK on the tripod, but I don't like it when hand-holding - a shoulder-mount would help.

Only two drawbacks: seems a bit heavy for the V1 (it can droop down if left alone, it might be better on the Z5, but this seems harmless) and I have to take the rubber cup off the regular viewfiner so it doesn't poke me in the cheek.

I've attached a couple of pics. Quality isn't great (the screen is gone on my Lumix and I was guessing).
Attached Thumbnails
Hoodman Hoodloupe 3.0 LCD Viewfinder-p1020705.jpg   Hoodman Hoodloupe 3.0 LCD Viewfinder-p1020701.jpg  

Old February 28th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Have a look here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr...ml#post1146829

Dirk Pel
Dirk Pel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Good afternoon,

SO, does it actually fit on the fx1000 properly?

Dale
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Will it also fit the FX1?
Gan Eden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000