Z5u $2400 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old March 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Tourist

Z5u $2400

Does anyone have experience with "total pro digital.com"? They are advertising brand new sony hvr z5u for $2409. Seems too good to be true.
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Google its name. Looks like a scam to me.
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Check Reseller Ratings. There's no way a reputable dealer can sell a new Z5 with warranty for that price.
Old March 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Many of the "super low price" outfits don't offer all that is normally included in the package, they take things out, then try to ell them to you at greatly inflated prices, or they suddenly realize they don't have the camera in stock if you insist that you don't want those items, or the cameras could be gray market which means no mfg. warranty anyway.

While I realize that places like B&H and TexasTapeWorks might be more expensive that the advertised prices of some of these low priced options at least you know who you're buying from, that you'll get what you pay for and what's supposed to be in the box and that you'll have very good customer service should you need it.

My recommondation is to stick with the known vendors many of whom are sponsors of this site and not only support it but participate in it.

While it's tempting, the old saying "that if it seems to good to be true, it usually is" is usually true.
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #5
Major Player

On ResellerRatings.com, this is what I found:

Total Pro Digital - totalprodigital.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

I would pass. YMMV.
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

On this site, we refer all where-to-buy questions to our
trusted site sponsors -- see the dealer text ads below.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000