Lens adapter for Depth of Field FX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lens adapter for Depth of Field FX

What lens adapter do you know that I can use with my FX1000 and get the depth of field effect?

Thank you,
Mike
Mike Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I have not used this, (350 bucks) but if it can go on an xl1 it can go on the 72 mm thread of a fx 1000.

The CineCity*::*DOF Adaptors*::*Cine 35mm Dof adapter with Vibrating Ground Glass for xl1 xm2 GL1 GL2

More expensive: at 1200 bucks

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/552530-REG/Cinevate_Inc_72_1LE_FL_MP2_72_1LE_FL_MP1_Brevis35_Imaging_Kit.html

Have you tried shooting at the further end of your zoom and using your nd filters+ an exterior nd and perhaps a polizer to allow you to open up your aperature and therefore have shallower depth of field??

It is quite surprising how decent that can be.

I just took this pick in the kitchen with my fx 1000, the pepper mill is about 30 inches behind the clock. It a bit grainy but you can get the idea what you could do without out an adapter.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Lens adapter for Depth of Field FX-focus.jpg  

Last edited by Dale Guthormsen; April 1st, 2010 at 10:07 AM.
Dale Guthormsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Dale, thank you verry much for your help. Your shot looks interesting. I'll try my polirizing adapter, see if I can come up with something.

thanks.
Mike Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:53 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Mike,

Glad to help when I can. I have had tons of help from this group over the years!!!!

I might add, if you were going to shoot an entire indie film and want the shallow depth of field I would use the adapter as I think you would get more consistancy from the various exposures you would run up against throughout the shots. If it is only a hand full and you can conrtol the light circumstances then you could get by without one. You just need to set up shots a little better considering the light and subject placement.

I am sure others could contribute here more than I can.

dale

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000