CF cards for MRC1K? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 20th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #1
New Boot

CF cards for MRC1K?

Hi all,

I'm sure the answer to this question is burried somewhere in this forum but i've just purchased a Z5 and would like to know what are the recommended CF card types (make, speed etc).

Thanks
Colm
Colm Heffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Trustee

it was brought up here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr...rc1k-unit.html

however, would also like to hear if anyone has found RELIABLE alternatives (ie. cheaper!) to san disk.....

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I've just posted an update to that thread, but I'd stick with the Sandisks (and look for sales or rebates). As I noted there, I've had a Transcend that has performed flawlessly to date as well, but not so good luck with Kingstons (although their RMA support people have been pretty good).

Edit: Sandisk is running a rebate program (US Residents Only -- sorry Leslie and Colm) through early July. Not as good as the prior program, but still. It appears the Extreme 60MB/s cards have supplanted the Extreme III 30 MB/s cards; at least they are the same price currently. Here's the rebate form, attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 070310_SANDISK_MemoryCardc.pdf (849.0 KB, 392 views)

Last edited by Adam Gold; April 20th, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I've been using a Ridata 32GB 233x and it's perfectly reliable recording HDV. I just did a 2hr 15 min shoot.

Now I'm eyeing the Transcend 64GB 400X (5.66 hours), which is going for under US$200...
Charlie Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:45 AM   #5
Major Player

Ive been using Transcend 133x 32gbs for over a year now, never had any issues.
James Strange is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000