Settings on the Z5U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Settings on the Z5U

I posted this question in the audio section and no one had any recommendations except to post my question here. I need some recommendtions on Audio settings on my Input 1 which is my stock mic, and Input 2 which is my Sony Wireless. Here is my question,
Hey, just recieved my Sony wireless mics and have tried to read their very confusing manual to try to configure these mics to produce the best possible audio and am not having much luck. I have them hooked up to a Sony z5u but am not sure of quite of a few things, like in camera and on the mics.
I have the wireless plugged into XLR 2, and the shotgun in XLR 1
1. Have XLR AGC Link on Seperate
2. AU. Man Gain on Seperate
3. Input 1 Mic NR Off.
4. Input 1 trim off
5. Input 1 wind off
6. Input2 MIC NR off.
7. Input2 Trim(?) Off
8. INPUT2 Wind off

I am also curious why when I use the onboard mic and the shotgun mic and drag it onto my timeline in remiere pro cs4 it only show one audio track? Is there a setting there i am missing in camera or in Premiere Pro?

Last edited by Jeff Mayne; May 11th, 2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: retardation
Jeff Mayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Internally, the settings look good. I can't tell you why Premiere isn't seeing both audio channels, as I don't use that NLE. Are you using the correct settings on the outside of the camera? Are you having a problem with the audio other than that?
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Premiere is showing one track or one channel? They're different. Premiere should be showing one track with two channels.

I think I saw a response in your other thread about how to break that out into two mono tracks.
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yeah, ive been reading and it says if you use the on board mic with the shotgun mic it makes 2 mono tracks, but I can't seem to be able to seperate them to edit them seperately. The single track falls on audio 1
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Go to the response to the other thread you created on this same topic in the Premiere forum: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-line...ml#post1525919.

This is why it's problematic to create two threads on the same topic... sometimes you miss an answer.

Premiere is showing two mono channels in one track because that's all the cam can record. It will always only record one track with two channels. If you were to use a four-channel external recorder you would then import two tracks with two channels each. But the Z5 by itself can't do this.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000