Shutter Speed Automatic reading at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 28th, 2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Shutter Speed Automatic reading

Hi Again,

If the shutter speed is on Automatic, and then I press the shutter speed button to go into manual, it gives me a reading, is this the reading that the camera used while it was in automatic?

Thanks
Julius Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Not necessarily. It will show the last shutter used on manual exposure so if you last used 1/60 and the automatic mode lowered it to 1/30 when you switch to manual mode it will be at 1/60. At least that's how it works on the PD150/170 and DSR250. On those cameras there is a menu item that you set for shutter ON and OFF. Keeping it OFF will allow for the shutter to remain at 1/60 in auto mode. I *think* the Z1, Z5 work the same way.
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew

hummm..that's not what I saw...
I had set it to 1/60 but it wasn't locked (the number was highlighted), then I pressed the shutter speed to go into auto mode, then I pressed the shutter speed again to go into manual mode and I got a different number 1/250...I did it several times with the same results.
Julius Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

It stays where the auto set it. Happens to me when I hit the wrong button. Just roll it back to where you had it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000