could FX1000 owners confirm these features... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old August 30th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Hi David,
This is the case. This is fantastic then you can simple load all the files in your edit system.

Dirk PEL(NL)
Dirk Pel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Answered over in the MRC forum. No need to ask the same question in multiple forums.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:28 AM   #18
Major Player

I have now just read that the Z7 comes with the memory card reader unit which I was going to buy with the Z5 anyway... This would give me the interchangable lens possibility that was the only thing missing from the Z5 in my opinion. I understand that I lose a bit of the zoom range when compared to the Z5 (12x compared to 20x) but could someone tell me if the widest zoom is as wide on the Z7 as the Z5? I have also read up and there seems to be nothing else that the Z7 is missing compared to the Z5? For the few hundred pounds more it would be to buy the Z7 when compared to the Z5 and recorder surely its worth it!

Also could someone just confirm that I'm switching to the memory card recorder for the right reasons... I quite frequently get small glitches on my recordings (present on the tape) where the image stutters, becomes pixelated and then is a few frames out of sync from then on. Am I right in saying this is an issue with the tape and that should not happen when recording to the compact flash unit?

I'm after getting these niggling points confirmed and then I intend to make the leap and purchase either the Z5 or Z7 later today.

edit: I have just read that the Z7 doesnt have a built in mic. I liked the idea of using the built in mic with a shotgun simultaneously in the situations where I dont know which sound will be best until after I've recorded (wedding speech using a hand held mic and PA for example) i think this pushes me back to the Z5 if this is correct?
Many thanks

Last edited by David J. Payne; August 31st, 2010 at 05:22 AM.
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM   #19
Inner Circle

The Z5 is slightly newer and so has a few minor features in the menus that the Z7 doesn't (Colored Peaking?) and if I'm not mistaken a few more audio options, and as you noted the Z5 includes an internal mic while the Z7 doesn't. I suppose they assume you will always be using the included shotgun all the time.

The lens on the Z7 is not quite as wide at its widest as on the Z5 (32mm vs 29.5mm in 35mm equivalent). It's at the long end where you really see the difference.

The tape dropouts you are experiencing should be a thing of the past when you go tapeless, but cards present their own challenges.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:48 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Hallo all,
That the Z7 has no internal mics is not so bad, then if you want to use a mattebox it's much simpler to turn around a polfilter! On the Z5 this is much more complicated.

Dirk PEL(NL)
Dirk Pel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000