Need Advice on filming hs football FX1000 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old September 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #31
New Boot

oh ok, thanks adam. i am still trying to figure out the best way to output the video to dvd. i cannot for the life of me figure out what settings i need to have it exported as. then in encore, i am trying to figure out how to make the dvd just autoplay but cant figure that out either. i dont have a need for a menu at this time as its just one ballgame.
Tim Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #32
Inner Circle

CS3 used to have a button when you went to File > Export to Encore that you could check that said "Direct Burn without Menus." That's gone now and there's no mention of it in the Help Files. The nearest I can figure is if you simply don't add a menu it doesn't add one. You still might have to push Play on the DVD player, though.

So with Premiere you simply go to File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Send to Encore. Set your preferences on the boxes that come up and then Encore will open with your project imported into it. I have a hunch that if you look over to the Properties panel on the upper right, if it says First Play: and then your project name, it should start playing as soon as you pop the disc into the player.

Questions like this probably ought to go into the Adobe Forums as they're really not related to the FX1000.
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #33
Regular Crew

I shoot local rugby league with my FX1. So far very good.
Gan Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:15 AM   #34
Major Player

I shoot a local high school's games for parents wanting college recruit videos.

Definitely shoot in HDV. I shoot Progressive (30F). The image may be a bit choppy/strobed for some but i find that it is much more crisp and the slow mo and freeze frames are superior in clarity. It's much easier to grab a still export it, cut an alpha channel in PS and bring it back and lay it in for some cool effects.
I shoot at the highest frame rate possible given the variable lighting of each venue. I take a white balance off of anyone wearing a white t-shirt or my default is 5400k setting. My biggest problem is that shooting at 120 shutter requires a wide open ap and when i zoom in the exposure is darker than wide, so i have to slide the ap ring quickly or adjust in post (keyframe CC - major pain).

I haven't tried the OnLocation workflow, but i would think that it would require too much time to encode and burn as compared to the sony dvd box which finalizes in 2-3 minutes - i've seen other shooters use them. The coach's disc - created by the sony dvd box by the other shooter - seems to be an immediate one pass encode which leaves a lot to be desired. It's fine for the coach's that require immediate discs; although, i keep trying to tell them to convert to 720p downloads of my footage as i think it would be much better for them if they could just wait a day for me to cut and post them.

Best of Luck - and market those College Recruit Vids!

YouTube - StThomasAquinasJV09's Channel

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000