Z5 Audio Question... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Tourist

Z5 Audio Question...

I know how to lay down good footage...but am stupid when it comes to all of the technical mumbo jumbo when it comes to this camera. With that said....I recently had to send my camera in for repairs when the eyepiece stopped working.

Prior to the repairs...I would hear my shotgun mic on one side of my headphones...and the wireless on the other. My camera appears to still be recording audio on separate channels....but I am hearing both mics together on each side of the headphones.

I cannot find anything in the menus that would change this....

Help
Scott Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Z5 Audio Question...

I don't know if this will help but when the camera is set to playback, you can select the audio channels for playback as follows

CH1, CH2 plays each channel in its respective side (L or R)

CH 1
CH 2 plays either of the selected channels in both sides (L&R get Ch 1 or Ch2 depending on what is selected)
CH1 + CH2 plays both channels mixed

Again, this menu is accessed in playback mode.

Hope this helps

Reed
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Also keep in mind when Sony or any other repair shop that knows what they're doing, touches a camera, one of the first things they do is to hit the reset button and all of the settings go back to the factory default so make sure you go thru your menus to reset things back the way you had them before.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Tourist

I got everything set back to where it was, but can't find a solution to the audio issue.

I used Protech in Chicago and they couldn't help me either

Thanks
Scott Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Major Player

Check your input settings on the side. You can set the inputs so you can set seperate mics on each channel or one mic on both channels. I then go into PPro 6 and "fill left or fill right" in audio effects. Works fine.
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM   #6
Tourist

All setting have been returned to where I had them prior to sending it in for repairs. I even compared it to a friends Z5U. I'm thinking that some "wires got crossed" when they worked on it...there must be an issue with the headphone jack.

Also...while we are talking about audio. My camera has a "white noise" issue now. It doesn't show up in the footage...but is a pain when wearing the headphones for hours at a time.

I'm about ready to give up...
Scott Wolfe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000